Long Term Care
The admission process is as follows:
- Contact the appropriate (LHIN – Local Health Integration Network)
- The (LHIN) assesses client needs to determine eligibility for Long-Term Care Placement.
- Application is completed.
- Applications forwarded to facilities of client’s choice
- Each facility must notify (LHIN) within 5 business days on whether the application was approved.
- Upon approval of application, the applicant is placed on the facility’s waiting list according to priority rating.
- The facility will notify the (LHIN) in writing once there is a vacancy.
- Admission is scheduled.
- Client has 24 hours to accept or decline the bed.