The Hellenic Home’s Supportive Housing Program offers in-home personal care and essential homemaking services to eligible tenants in a culturally sensitive environment that enables senior to enjoy independent aging in place. The Supportive Housing Program is accredited by CARF International.
Who is eligible?
- Any tenant 65 years of age and older, who resides at 11 or 39 Winona Drive is eligible to apply for Supportive Housing.
- The Community Programs Manager collaborates with a Physician to assess the tenant’s ability to perform personal care and other activities of daily living (household management, laundry, meal preparation, etc).
Confidential requests can be made directly from the tenant, family member and/or Physician
- Needs assessment
- Co-ordination / referrals to outside community support agencies; professional contracted services; mobility aids; special appointments.
- Personal Care – bathing tasks, safe transfers, skin/hair care, toileting, oral hygiene, dressing/grooming
- Essential Homemaking – laundry /ironing, mopping/sweeping, dishwashing, bed making/changing, vacuuming, dusting
Our clients / tenants have access to the following professional medical services, currently offered on-site:
- Greek speaking Physician once a month
- Eye clinic as required
- Hearing Aid Clinic – as required
- Social Worker – 2 x weekly
Fees are charged according to general OHIP guidelines and / or as outlined by the Practitioner.
Emergency Response Services
- Up to 20 eligible supportive housing clients have the benefit of “Philips Lifeline Canada” residential monitoring service in their apartment. This monitoring service provides 24-hour emergency assistance with the touch of a button.
Access to on-site Superintendent, 24 hours daily.