Hellenic Home for the Aged, a not for profit, charitable organization, operating a 225- unit seniors’ apartment complex, Supportive Housing, Adult Day Program, and two Long Term Care facilities, with 82 beds in Toronto, and 128 beds in Scarborough, seeks a Manager of Program and Support Services for our Scarborough Long Term Care facility
Reporting to the Administrator of Supportive Housing, the Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for overall direct management, supervision, interaction, placement, coordination and assessment of Hellenic Home Volunteers.
Primary Duties: (Duties include, but are not limited to)
- Plan and arrange all volunteer services
- Submission of Trillium Volunteer Coordination Report semi-annually
- Submission of all Trillium Surveys
- Increase/maintain volunteer base as needed
- Accurate recording of volunteer service hours
- Interview and screening of all prospective new volunteers
- Provide orientation and placement for Hellenic Home volunteers
- Relationship building and continuing motivation with ongoing active volunteers
- Coordination of tenant requests for volunteer drivers, meal deliverers, medication monitoring, friendly visitors
- Monitors the floor safety monitors, friendly visitors, etc.
- Ensure on-going coordination of Safety Monitor Program through meetings, phone
- Net-working with various Volunteer Groups in and out of the Home. Internally work with Ladies Auxiliary Group and Seniors Group and externally with our community groups.
- Provide long and short term volunteers to accommodate requests from all Hellenic Home staff, departments and tenants
- Coordination/planning of various volunteer recognition events throughout the year
- Coordinate various volunteer run programs such as Movie Nights, Fitness, ESL, Tai Chi, Arts & Crafts, Various Activities, etc.
- Coordination of Hellenic Home Van shopping trips and excursions,
- Maintenance of Hellenic Home vehicles -licensing, etc.
- Possesses a current Diploma/Degree from a recognized Post-secondary College/University in the field of Volunteer, Recreation, Activation, Gerontology and/or health related field
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working with seniors
- Has ability to set priorities and manage workloads with minimum supervision
- Excellent and proven communication and leadership skills
- Personable and able to develop positive rapport with volunteers
- Greek Speaking is an asset
Please submit Cover letter and Resume to:
Human Resources Manager firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: 416-654-0943