Looking to join a creative, engaging team of professionals?Located in Davenport Village, Hellenic Care for Seniors (Toronto) Inc., is an outstanding ‘Home away from Home’ providing personalized quality care and services to the 81 residents in our community.
The Registered Practical Nurse is responsible for ensuring the provision of resident care standards in the Resident home Area(s)
- Standards of care must be met as established by the College of Nurses, Hellenic Home, the Ministry of Health and all other pertinent legislated standards and requirements.
Primary Duties: (Duties include, but are not limited to)
- Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to the Home’s Mission, Values and /Vision.
- Adheres to established facility and departmental policies and procedures.
- Adheres to standards of employee conduct. Protects the rights of the residents and family in matters of confidentiality, privacy, beliefs and values.
- Monitors the resident’s health status on an ongoing basis and initiates appropriate nursing interventions.
- Assesses need for referral to physicians, processes and implements physician’s orders.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by Physician. Observes changes in condition resulting from medications.
- Performs basic nursing skills as listed in Standards of Practice.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of nursing observations and care.
- Is responsible for the implementation and evaluation of the effectiveness of the Nursing Care Plan.
- Completes Quarterly Summaries and reassessments in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Is responsible for assessing change in resident health status. Contacts physician and transfers resident to acute care facility as needed.
- Participates in restorative needs and motivation of residents and facilitates the provision of activation programs.
- Reports any alleged incidents of abuse to DOC/Administrator immediately.
- Documents all incidents/accidents, completes appropriate forms, and ensures that corrective action is taken.
- Performs nursing duties required for residents during admission, discharge and/or transfer to another facility.
- Utilizes leadership and management skills to identify and solve problems.
- Plans, directs and monitors the work of nursing and offers personal care staff, and offers feedback for performance evaluations of other Nursing Staff.
- Acts as a resource person, facilitator and leader for the PSWs in the facility.
- Monitors the safekeeping of stock medications and supplies.
- Completes audits/inventories as requested
- Participates on committees as required
- Ensures security of facility on Evening and Night shifts and weekends
- Reports accurate and pertinent information to the appropriate members of the Multi Disciplinary Care Team.
- Gives/receives reports to ensure ongoing communication and passes on the keys to replacement Nurse
- Participates on committees as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Functions within current legislation and regulations related to profession and field of practice. Functions within the policies and practices of the Home
- Is accountable for own actions.
- Seeks help and guidance when unable to perform competently.