Looking to join a creative, engaging team of professionals?
Located in Davenport Village, Hellenic Home – Hellenic Care for Seniors (Toronto) Inc., is an outstanding ‘Home away from Home’ providing personalized quality care and services to the 81 residents in our community.
Our company is looking for an Accountant to join our team. Reporting to the CFO, the Accountant will support the corporate accounting function by performing duties such as processing journal entries, rents, account reconciliations, banking, and payroll.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes journal entries, which are results of daily/weekly/monthly transactions
- Reconciles monthly Bank and Accounts Receivable accounts, performs month-end close, and follows up on any outstanding items
- Prepares deposits
- Manages the EFT process for monthly rents
- Provides accounting support to other departments, as needed.
- Reviews payroll information transferred from schedules and imports into the payroll system. Checks for accuracy and completeness against hard copy documentation.
- Answers inquiries related to the preparation and processing of payroll information by providing information such as pay periods, distribution of pay stubs and deductions (such as benefits, union dues, etc.).
- Calculates and prepares payroll using payroll software; prepares adjustments such as wage increases, retro payments, terminations, leave of absences, severance and/or vacations.
- Prepares and processes Record of Employment by verifying/calculating information such as hours worked, amount of entitlements and completing forms as required.
- Completes documentation and reconciles deductions related to enrolling employees into benefit plans, income tax, pension plans, WSIB, EI and other related payroll deductions; reconciles various benefit statements such as medical, dental, and prepares adjustments to rectify differences between accounts. Processes employee changes and or terminations from benefit plans.
- Prepare various year end schedules to meet external Audit needs
- Maintains a safe, secure environment for residents and staff by immediately reporting unsafe hazardous conditions and suspected resident abuse. Takes immediate action, as appropriate, to reduce/eliminate recognized safety risks and documents the incident/unusual occurrence following established procedures.
- CPA designation or near completion
- 2 years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. (Verbal and written communicate skills)
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management and prioritizing skills
- Knowledge of related computer software (i.e o365, Sage 300, payroll systems)
- Must be able to carry out physical requirements of position (i.e. sitting, standing, lifting, bending, lift up to 30 pounds).